Granger’s 2 in 1 Performance Wash is specifically designed to clean your synthetic, breathable garments that have a durable water repellant (DWR) coating. It is water-based and odourless. It does not leave a residue on garments and increases the garment’s resistance to stains and soil.
We believe a clean garment functions much better than a dirty one. Wash your quality, waterproof, breathable synthetic insulated outerwear regularly, rather than once or twice a year; this will maximize the warmth, breathability and overall performance of the garment.
Follow these guidelines to get the most out of your quality outerwear:
- Open all pockets and empty out the contents. Remove any ski lift tickets or seasons passes as well.
- Close all Velcro areas and zip up the main zipper but leave any zippered pockets open.
- Detach the hood and fur if present. Wash the hood and fur with the jacket but do not put the fur in the dryer. Lay or hang it to dry.
- If there are stains on the garment, these can be pre-treated with a non-bleaching, color-safe spot cleaner. Wash the garment immediately after scrubbing these stained areas gently with a soft nail/tooth brush. Do not let the spot cleaner sit on the garment.
- Try to wash a full load with at least 3 garments to maximize efficiency.
- In order to keeps your garments’ durable, waterproof repellant coating, use 3 to 4 cap-fulls of Granger’s 2 in 1 Performance Wash , where you normally would put laundry detergent into your machine. This product is the detergent and water-proofer built into one. There is no need for any other detergent and Granger’s products are compatible for use in high efficiency washing machines.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Wash on the cold cycle and remove from the machine as soon as the cycle ends.
- Transfer the garments to the dryer and set to low or medium heat depending on your dryer. Some dryers are extremely hot even on medium, which could lead to appliques peeling away from the nylon fabric.
- Do not use dryer sheets.
- Dry garments thoroughly.
If you have any questions whatsoever regarding the care of your garment, feel free to contact us or the manufacturer directly.